Table of Contents
Moissanite engagement rings are extremely popular in the United States and around the world, but are you familiar with what these dazzling gems are? If not, you’re not alone!
Moissanite engagement rings have been available for quite some time, but many people are still unsure about their value and quality. In this blog, we answer the question how much do you know about moissanite engagement rings?
7 Things To Know About Moissanite Engagement Rings
1. The most important thing to know about moissanite is that it’s a naturally-occurring mineral, not a man-made one.
2. It has the same hardness as a diamond and with similar fire and brilliance as well.
3. Moissanite is more than 10% more expensive than diamond, which makes it an excellent choice for someone who wants the quality of a diamond but can’t afford the price tag.
4. Unlike diamonds, Moissanite Engagement Rings don’t need to be set in platinum or white gold; they can be set in yellow gold or sterling silver as well! You’ll be able to find them in all sorts of shapes including ovals, hearts, marquis and pear shapes too!
5. In fact, there are no restrictions on what setting style a moissanite ring can have. If you want something traditional, go for it! If you want something different, there are plenty of options available!
6. When shopping around for moissanite rings make sure to ask how big the centre stone will be because many jewellers don’t list this information online.
7. One last thing worth mentioning is that if at any point you want to sell your ring back to a jeweller it should still hold its value even though it’s not made from natural materials like diamonds are!
3 Questions To Ask Before You Buy A Moissanite Ring
1) What is a moissanite ring?
A moissanite ring is an affordable alternative to a diamond ring. It’s made with lab-grown crystals and has a similar brilliance and fire to that of a diamond. It’s also 100% hypoallergenic, making it the perfect choice for those who are sensitive to other types of jewellery.
2) Where can I buy a moissanite ring?
You can buy a moissanite ring in many different places! You can purchase one on Amazon, Walmart, or many other jewellery retailers. Some jewellers even offer custom-made designs so that your dream ring becomes reality!
3) How much does it cost?
A moissanite ring costs about $200-$400 for lab-grown stones, and upwards of $5,000+ for natural gems. If you’re looking to spend more than $1,000+, then consider looking at a natural gemstone instead (or go with both!). With this budget-friendly option, you’ll have the best of both worlds: lower prices without sacrificing quality.
5 Tips For Buying A Quality, Affordable Moissanite Ring
Moissanites are a durable, affordable option for an engagement ring. Here are some tips to help you buy a quality, affordable Moissanite:
1) Shop around before committing to a store’s price. The same style of ring may be sold at different prices depending on where you’re looking. Do your research so that you know what is the best deal for what you want.
2) Be aware of the quality of the Moissanite Earrings and other metals used in the ring. You want to make sure that it will last and doesn’t have any imperfections, such as scratches or discolouration.
3) Think about how often you’ll wear it – your lifestyle will determine how much care is needed daily!
Those who lead more active lifestyles should look for harder materials (such as tungsten carbide) which are more resistant to everyday knocks and bumps. For those with less active lifestyles, titanium might be a better choice because it is lighter weight and won’t snag or get caught on clothing as a diamond could.
4) Consider which type of setting you want – can you see yourself wearing the ring with most outfits? If not, then consider platinum because this metal goes with everything!
Platinum also has natural anti-allergenic properties which means there’s no need to worry about skin reactions.
5) However if platinum isn’t your style then gold might be better since it is generally softer than platinum and can match more outfits while still being aesthetically pleasing.
3 Ways To Wear Your Moissanite Engagement Ring Every Day
1. Wear it on its own as a statement piece.
2. Wear it with a wedding band or an eternity ring to create a stacked look.
3. Weave your moissanite engagement ring through the fingers of your daily jewellery, like stacking bracelets or an arm cuff, to add an extra touch of sparkle to any outfit!
We hope these three ways have helped you wear your Moissanite Engagement Ring every day in 2017!
How Moissanites Are Made?
The moissanite used for jewellery is synthesized in a laboratory, rather than being mined. Lab-grown moissanite was first created in 1893 by Henri Moissan, a Nobel Prize-winning French chemist.
Although he was unable to use them for gemstones because they’re not large enough to facet, he did use them as catalysts in various reactions and as diamond simulants to perform laser experiments.
However, it wasn’t until 1998 that Dr Guy Weadick began successfully developing ways to grow crystals small enough for use in gems.
Today, lab-created moissanite have become an increasingly popular alternative to diamonds and other types of gemstones.
Some people prefer lab-created moissanite because they can be more affordable while still providing many of the same characteristics as natural diamonds.