Whether you know a bit about Pay-Per-Click or PPC in digital marketing or want to know more than you already do, you’re at the right place.
PPC is a widespread digital marketing tool used to increase traffic to a business’ website. It is largely provided by either social networks such as in the form of Facebook and Twitter ads or by search engines, e.g., Google ads. PPC essentially allows you to show relevant ads when specific keywords are entered in the search bar.
Let’s dive into your perfect guide to PPC in digital marketing without further delay. This article aims to cover the following: –
- What is PPC Marketing?
- PPC Keyword Research
- How does it work?
- Who is it for?
- Advantages of using PPC
Table of Contents
What is PPC Marketing?
Pay-Per-Click is an efficient advertising model in which an advertiser only pays a fee each time their posted ad is “clicked.” Hence, PPC marketing is also denoted as the Cost-per-click (CPC) model. In addition to driving traffic organically, PPC alternatively allows one to “buy” visitors to their website instead.
It’s a profitable deal as the visit in almost all cases is more valuable than the fee paid for it. E.g., if the fees paid each time the ad is clicked is $5, but it results in a $500 purchase, certainly a great deal by all means.
However, all of it isn’t easy. A lot goes into a successful PPC campaign, such as searching for the right keywords particular to a business and then using them in campaigns and ad groups in the most effective manner. So, it’s essential to understand what it is and how to do it correctly.
PPC Keyword Research
The whole PPC umpire stands on Keyword Research and its organization. Therefore, it’s no wonder it takes a lot of time and effort to do some good keyword research before you can launch PPC campaigns online, the best of which continuously update their keyword databases daily.
If this regular refining isn’t done, a firm can miss out on hundreds or even thousands of potential visits to their website due to a lack of relevant keywords. An ideal keyword list is pertinent to your business offerings, but also exhaustive and expansive.
Compelling pay-per-click marketing isn’t a piece of cake. You can’t just go and randomly select and bid on generic keywords. In order to optimize the money spent and increase conversion rates, many things should be considered when doing PPC keyword research for a PPC marketing campaign:
- Address several types of keyword terms.
- Include your competitors’ brand names and their products in your PPC keyword research.
- Use long-tail keywords-key words and phrases that are more specific.
- Create a list of negative keywords or keywords that you don’t want your ads to appear in.
How does work PPC?
As we’ve discussed before, using PPC marketing, the advertiser pays a pre-set fee (fixed or determined by auction) to the publisher only when their ad is being clicked upon. Through this, a specific user action is generated, e.g., buying a product or registering.
It differs from other similar models such as Payment Per Thousand (PPM) or Payment for Acquisition (PPA). PPM leads the advertiser to pay a fixed fee for every thousand impressions online.
On the other hand, in PPA, the advertiser is only obliged to pay a fee each time the user performs a desirable action, e.g., downloading an app.
Who is it for?
PPC in digital marketing is often recommended for small businesses as they get to decide what to pay for each specific keyword. This also allows them to predict how much they’ll be spending on specific displayed ads. This ensures businesses reach their target audiences without wasting a lot of money and resources.
Advantages of using PPC
Up till now, you can already see how PPC in digital marketing is a favorable tool to make use of. But the benefits don’t end there.
- It’s cost-effective, especially in the case of optimized PPC.
- It leads to instant traffic.
- It can run multiple ad campaigns for each keyword.
- It results in high click-through rates, increased lead generation, and, later, increased sales revenue.
- Increased brand awareness.
- Your ad is displayed on the first page as a specific keyword is searched for.
Disadvantages of using PPC
Don’t be swayed by the advantages; there are some disadvantages too.
- Due to its popularity, PPC advertising can grow dangerously. It requires constant monitoring to ensure you get the return you need from your PPC efforts.
- As online audiences have become digitally aware, some people will deliberately avoid clicking on the ads at the top of the page or in the sidebar.
- Coming up with a successful PPC campaign takes time. You must research keywords, identify the right audiences, review Google Analytics data, and constantly monitor and tweak campaigns.
Simple Solutionz with its exceptionally experienced team of experts has been at the forefront of digital marketing Ashburn. PPC advertising is an easy but very fruitful marketing strategy for promoting your products or services. We want to watch that happening with you.
Interested in working with us to maximize your sales from day one?